8/23/11

Curren$y - Verde Terrace (hosted by DJ Drama) Review and Download


Curren$y dropped tthe mixtape Verde Terrace hosted by DJ Drama today and I've been bumping it since I got home. The tape was dropped under the alias "Spitta Andretti" which seems befitting given his well known love of muscle cars. My first thought upon hearing the opening track "Job" was I hope DJ Drama doesn't ruin this tape by talking over the tracks(which has become so characteristic of him.) My second thought was "Spitta does it again." Curren$y never fails to deliver a classic, quality project for his listeners. This tape is no exception. To read the review, get tracklist, or download hit the jump.
 Curren$y's trademark lyrical yet laid back delivery shines over smooth production on tracks such as "Hennessy Beach" with LA rapper Dom Kennedy. He pays tribute to the classics such as Outkast's "Elevators" on "smoke sum'n" and he even has Young Roddy on a dope rendition of the "10 Crack Commandments" on "C rack BC" (this had me rocking like I was back in the 90's.) His vivid portrayal of the "Jet-life" on tracks such as "Car Talk" and "Sky Miles" with Willie da Kid proved very enticing. He declares his independence with tracks like "Run dat shit"  which pays tribute to Soulja Slim on the hook. "When I'm off  in the zone, my niggas tellin me run dat shit." All in all this was a great tape.  Each track became my new favorite.(something that hasn't happened in a while with the new projects I've been listening to recently.) Don't take it from me though, check out Verde Terrace and form your own opinion.
01. Curren$y – Job (4:09)
02. Curren$y – The Jet Business (2:18)
03. Curren$y – Pinifarina (3:13)
04. Curren$y – Hennessy Beach (3:31)
05. Curren$y – Car Talk (2:08)
06. Curren$y – Smoke Sum’n (2:08)
07. Curren$y – Run Dat Shit (3:32)
08. Curren$y – One For Da Wave (1:38)
09. Curren$y – Sky Miles (1:55)
10. Curren$y – Crack BC (2:42)
11. Curren$y – High Tunes (3:27)
12. Curren$y – Music To Ride To (3:41)
13. Curren$y – My Life Is A Movie (3:28)
14. Curren$y – Ways To Kill Em (2:39)
 
Download Curren$y- Verde Terrace Mixtape(hosted by DJ Drama)

No comments:

Post a Comment