4/9/11

A Look Inside: Odd Humans Co.


Odd Humans Co. is the brainchild, movement, and vision of my bro Davontae Owens. The purpose of Odd Humans Co is to inspire and create love. Odd Humans Co. wants to influence other individuals to dream, aspire and create through any medium they choose. Odd Humas Co has done this already through two compilation albums and their awesome photography team. In the future Odd Humans Co. plans to add clothing to their arsenal. "Odd Humans Co. is a clothing line created by myself , Davontae Owens based on the philosphy of the Enso Circle of Enlightenment, Strength, Creativity, & Elegance. This is a clothing line created by the positive Spirits from all over this planet. We are all one positive force . Clear mind , body , & soul . Anything is possible . Creative Innovators we are . Product Architects . Created in 2010" - Davontae Owens
We create within our own experience.- Odd Humans Co

Could you introduce the odd humans co team and what everyone does?

Sure thing, Odd Humans o in general doesn't have a team but the photgraphy side of the brand have a team and the members are:
Bria Watson aka Bee Astronaut
Byron Brown
Alasia Wilson

What kind of fashion will odd humans be creating?

Odd Humans Co will be creating something I call peace garments which simply mean garments made for peace and that's exactly what we need in this world. So why not start with something this generation looks deep into and that's fashion

How did you find and connect your team?

Well all met through facebook and twitter. We became cool friends and I seen that all three of them are interested in photogrpahy and they have dope pictures. Asked them to join the team and they all agreed.

How Did you come up with the Idea for Odd Humans Co.?

It came to me as a dream actually. I was sleeping and I was dreaming about sitting in a big office just constantly creating garments, paintings and etc. The name came to me from thinking about The cool kids that don't have anyone to voice their opinion and Odd Humans Co help all of the "weird" kids express theirselves through the arts

Could you explain the trademark design and what it represents?

The design is an Enso circle. The circle stands for Enlightenment, creativity, and refinement. The circle is left open to let people experience different things in their life. This circle is painted in the spare of the moment with a clear mind.

How did you come up with the idea for Odd Humans Co?

I just wanted to enrich people with positive vibes and love for a better world and it'll slowly take effect on this world. Love is stronger than hate.

Do you have a creative process?

While creating, I love to listen to artful instrumentals, soul music and I also close my eyes and just let my mind wander.

What does Odd Humans Co have in store for their release?

Peace garments, sweatshirts and paintings

What kind of support have you been recieving from your compilation albums?

Alot. Especially from my friends. They love what I do and support me.. Even people from across the U.S support and I appreciate it all.

Where do you see the brand in the next 10 years?

10 years? I hope that i'll have a boutique and mindblowing photography that is noticed all over the globe. I just want to change people's life.

What kind of support have you been recieving from the public?

People from L.A, N.Y, Florida, Texas, South Carolina and other states have been spreading the word and i'm thankful for those supporters.

How do you keep yourself motivated?

I read alot of quotes on life and inspiring stories. Above all, my mother is my number one motivation because she provided for me and now it's my turn to do the same for her. Hvae her living comfortably.

Is OddHumansCo. looking into any other ventures outside of fashion?

Other than photography and painting, probably not but if something comes up and I like the idea, i'll be more than happy to be apart of it.

What is the purpose of Odd Humans Co?

The purpose of Odd Humans Co is to stand out from all brands. I want to do more than just create clothes. I want to send a message that the world should be a better place. Spread love not hate. Also I want to contribute to the arts, photography and all of that good stuff. I jsut want to keep the approach sinple but complex enough for people to see where i'm coming from. I want to enrich the people. Give wisdom.

What inspired you to get into fashion?

When I first recieved a computer. I started researching the different style in in dfferent cities and countries and I was impresses and I remember saying "I want to create clothes for the cool looking people" lol

Are there any brands or designers that you look up to?

I look up to Pharrell and his brand Billionaire Bos Club and Imani Waddy of Pronounced ▲❍▼❏(LOVE)

What are your views on fashion?

Fashion is everything. It is a free spirit. Fashion isn't just clothes, it's art in general being created in any form.

Is there anything you want people to know about Odd Humans Co?

Just keep up with us because I plan on dropping my first collection this summer. Follow OHC on twitter @OddHumansCo .

Creator
Davontae Owens
Photography Team

Bria Watson aka Bee Astronaut


Alasia Allen


Byron Brown


Music

Download: Art::Soul::Life

Follow Odd Humans Co. on Twitter:

Follow Davontae Owens on Twitter:
Follow Bria Watson aka Bee Astronaut on Twitter:
Follow Byron Brown on Twitter:
Follow Alasia Allen on Twitter:

No comments:

Post a Comment