1/18/11

H.A.M. Review


So I've been listening to the H.A.M track from Kanye West and Jay-Z (prod. by Lex Luger) and this is what I thought of it...

The first single off the Watch The Throne Album, H.A.M, was a very strong hard hitting track. I admit that after listening to it for the first time I was among the skeptics and critics. I mean its a good track, but that's pretty much all it was. When I heard that  Kanye and Jay-Z had put out their first single I envisioned a legendary classic and to me this was not it. but then... hey wait a minute I can't stop nodding my head... Upon listening closely I realized that this is a pretty awesome track. This track starts off with a stirring syntheziser and a hard hitting beat reminiscent of another banger "B.M.F." also produced by Lex Luger. Kanye West verbally assaults any on-comers with his harsh language and witty wordplay with like "if life's a bitch then suck my dick huh!?!?!??! *kanye voice*" and "by the way you should fucking quit nigga " Kanye kills the track with his trademark Arrogance and aggresively ferocious delivery. The ignorance is definitely a plus on this one. The beat then turns into an opera that is reminiscent of an epic ass battle...you know some shit is bout to go down...Jay-Z comes on the track and verbally spanks the new generation with lyrics like "fuck yall mad at me for yall don't even know what I been through" and  "I swam in water with great whites most of yall niggas would have been chewed". Jay-Z's slick word play and delivery flows on this beat very well. Jay-Z and Kanye know they are pretty much on top and they claim the throne with this track. The track ends with an opera bit that is reminiscent of the second coming...yea I closed my eyes and saw angels coming down from the skies with thunderbolts dancing around their heads...but that's just my interpretation...anyways I'm pretty sure Kanye had some input on this part of the beat(prolly pushed Lex Luger out the way and put this sample down on the beat). All in all this was a pretty great song that really has me looking forward to the rest of the "Watch The Throne Album"...

That's my opinion of this track but listen to it on your own and form your own opinion:

No comments:

Post a Comment